Vernon Emery Memorial Lineman Scholarship - $1000
- Southeast Electric Cooperative, Inc. periodically awards a $1,000.00 scholarship to a deserving person planning to enroll in a Power Line Construction and Maintenance curriculum at an accredited Tech School. $500.00 has been added by the family of Vernon Emery for a scholarship totaling $1500.00.
- Applicant must reside within the co-ops service territory.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or have graduated from high school and planning to attend an accredited Tech School to pursue a career in Power Line Construction and Maintenance.
- Applicant must submit a completed scholarship application, personal statement, and a list of school and community activities.
- Applications will be reviewed on May 1st, August 1st and December 1st.
Scholarships not claimed within a year of award will be forfeited.
Southeast Electric Scholarship - $1000 - APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JANUARY 24, 2020
Southeast Electric Cooperative Inc. will award one scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to a deserving student pursuing post high school education. We will select a primary and alternate recipient.
RULES & GUIDELINES
Applicant or parents/guardian must be a member of Southeast Electric Cooperative, Inc. Students whose parents are part of a corporation that is a member of Southeast Electric may also apply.
Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a full-time college or Vo-Tech or currently enrolled full-time at a college, or Vo-Tech school.
Applicant must submit a completed scholarship application packet AND essay to the office of Southeast Electric before JANUARY 24, 2020. The essay should be no longer than two pages on the following: What does it mean to be a good student on a team, in the classroom, and in the community?
Selection of the Scholarship primary and alternate recipient will be made by a scholarship committee consisting of at least three members of the Board of Trustees of Southeast Electric and will be based on the essay, academics, and school and community activities.
Upon proof of enrollment in the college or vocational school, scholarship monies will be sent to the student.
Scholarships not claimed by DECEMBER 31, 2020 will be forfeited.